Learn What I Can Do For You
Hrnicek Law, P.L.L.C. specializes in general civil litigation. This includes areas of general liability, insurance, premises liability, civil rights, personal injury, and some intellectual property. I take pride in treating my clients as family, offering the very best advice. I have personally tried 15 trials in Arizona State Court and Federal District Court, and have arbitrated and mediated dozens more. I know what I do best, and will bring an unparalleled depth of knowledge to your case. I work to win.
Civil Rights and Constitutional Law
Civil rights law (also known as 1983 law, named after 42 U.S.C. Section 1983) is a specialized area that requires familiarity with the United States Constitution, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, and substantive federal law. In my practice, I have represented individuals, officers, government entities, executives, and employees in lawsuits involving the First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, Tenth, and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution, as well as several federal statutes. I have had extensive success in filing and arguing dispositive motions at the trial court level, and have had four decisions upheld at the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Consider employing my experience to advance your cause.
Commercial and Insurance Litigation
Many companies find themselves in disputes regarding legal issues, regulations, and/or insurance coverage that distract from doing business. To make matters worse, many commercial attorneys charge exorbitant hourly fees to analyze and litigate these challenges. In my experience, many commercial disputes can be resolved practically and without protracted litigation and excessive fees. Consider sitting down for a free consultation to discuss your issues with an experienced litigator known for zealous advocacy, creative solutions, and practical representation.
Personal Injury Law
I’ve been practicing Personal Injury Law for years, primarily on the defense side of the equation. My clients benefit from my experience representing companies and insurance carriers, and my familiarity with stall/delay tactics that can lead to protracted engagements. My involvement always ensures a focus on practical and expeditious resolution. If, however, a case needs to go to trial, it is imperative to use an attorney that has gone the distance and is not afraid of the courtroom. Let my trial experience be an asset in advocating your claim, however large or small.
Let Hrnicek Law, P.L.L.C. be the solution for your general legal needs. By combining a fundamental understanding of the big picture with the complexity of daily interactions and experiences, Michael Hrnicek provides proactive solutions to a diversity of clients. Michael has been involved in litigating against federal entities in some of the most innovative, sophisticated, and complex cases in Arizona. Whether reviewing a business or financial agreement, understanding a non-compete clause, setting up a corporation, or navigating a sexual harassment scenario, Michael can help.
At Hrnicek Law, P.L.L.C. I maintain a general practice that focuses on litigation, but spans a variety of areas of law. Hrnicek Law, P.L.L.C. offers excellent practical legal advice and counsel in Arizona when it comes to litigating and resolving personal and commercial disputes. I know that every case is unique and different, and will apply my background, expertise, and individualized attention to meet your exact needs.
Let Hrnicek Law, P.L.L.C. be the solution for your general legal needs. By combining a fundamental understanding of the big picture with the complexity of daily interactions and experiences, I offer my services to developing practical legal solutions in a variety of contexts. From contract review, neighborhood disputes, product failure, and construction defect, my broad experience is an asset to my clients.
Commercial and Insurance
Businesses are oftentimes caught in challenging circumstances, disagreements, and even conflicts arising out of unexpected legal issues. When legal concerns require sophisticated and nuanced analysis, it makes sense to consult an attorney familiar with Arizona's legal and regulatory landscape, as well as with insurance coverage issues. My experience in advising and litigating commercial matters has demonstrated that creative and practical solutions need not involve protracted and costly lawsuits. Whereas many firms work exclusively on commercial matters on a hourly billable rate, my firm offers flat fee, contingency, and hybrid contingency/hourly representation options that provide flexibility.
Personal Injury Law
I’ve been practicing Personal Injury Law for years. Because I have worked on the defense (for insurance companies and government entities), I am well-acquainted with the best ways to successfully navigate defense tactics and maximize the value of a case. My clients can count on my expertise and personalized attention. When I am involved in a case, I help my clients successfully resolve their disputes as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Get in Touch
Thank you for visiting the Hrnicek Law, P.L.L.C. site. I intend to provide general information, which should not be construed as legal advice at all. If you are looking for advice on a specific matter, you are encouraged to contact me directly. I strongly advise you to not disclose personal or confidential information until an attorney-client relationship has been established, which will only occur in the absence of a conflict of interest.
5 Ways to Select A Lawyer
When selecting an attorney consider:
1. Do I need an attorney? Many minor legal issues may seem daunting, but can be navigated without the cost of formal representation. For example, the courts provide many basic forms that allow self-represented parties to apply for child support, divorce, custody, etc. http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/ezcourtforms2/
2. What background and experience does the attorney have? Do not select representation based on marketing and advertising campaigns. Due diligence is imperative. Ask about trial experience and results as to your own attorney. Do not settle for working with junior attorneys who work for others that have extensive experience and results, but do not have the same track record themselves.
3. What will be done? It is imperative that you and your attorney clearly set forth what work will (and will not) be done. Confirm the scope of representation in writing. Particularly when considering litigation, do not ignore the possibility that one or more parties may appeal a decision.
4. What will it cost? Assuming you need an attorney, and you find one who has relevant experience to do the work you need, always get an estimate of fees and costs. Far too many matters result in sticker shock to the client. This can be avoided by getting a clear idea at the outset of possible best-case and worst-case scenarios from any prospective attorney.
5. How often can you expect to be updated regarding your case? The number one complaint about attorneys is lack of communication. To avoid this pitfall, establish clear expectations regarding how often you expect your attorney will be in touch with you. While you may not be able to reach him/her at any time, you should be able to expect a response to a phone call or email within 48 hours.
Generally, litigation is a last resort. Most people prefer to avoid conflict, particularly when it can involve court appearances, depositions, and delving into medical and financial issues. In these circumstances, an experienced attorney can make all the difference. I pride myself in managing stress for clients, prioritizing customer service, and maintaining consistent communication with my clients. In most cases, I handle 90% of the work, and clients are involved as minimally as possible. By explaining the process, time estimates, and work plan, my clients breathe easier and have reasonable expectations as I work towards practical solutions.
How to Dress for Your Court Appearance
Always dress professionally for court. Whether trial is taking place or there is a simple status or scheduling conference, appearance makes a tremendous difference. Do not underestimate a first impression.